Birth. Babies. Beauty.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~ Rajneesh

My blog celebrates birth, babies & the beauty of family. I am a Certified Childbirth & Lactation Educator & Doula in training. I am honored to witness the most intimate family celebrations. I offer support to the family before, during & after the birth. I also enjoy taking pictures of babies and births and offer this as an added bonus to my Doula services.

Included in the complete Beautiful Birth Story package:

- Private prenatal childbirth & breastfeeding classes
- Available 24/7 to answer all your pregnancy questions
- Continuous support during labor
- Immediate postpartum breastfeeding support
- Birth pictures (CD of images)
- Postpartum follow up visit
- Newborn pictures (CD of images)

Email amysalessi@gmail.com for pricing or to schedule an interview.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby Jordan

I am lucky to have a sister I consider my best friend. She is married to Ryan, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, and has an almost three year old daughter, Aubrey. Megan is also a type 1 diabetic, and we have learned a lot from each others pregnancies. She is pregnant with Baby Jordan Ryan William Bell (WOW that's a mouthful!) and due in just a few short weeks. She delivered Aubrey at 35 weeks via cesarean after experiencing what her doctor thought was pre term labor that was stressing Aubrey out. Looking back on it now, we believe she was actually in the beginning stages of normal labor that would have progressed nicely had she been left alone. Throw out the words "diabetic" and "pregnant" in the same sentence and all the alarms go off. This time around, Megan is determined to let her body do what it was meant to do- birth a baby. She has a wonderful doctor that has agreed there is no need to repeat the past and is supporting her decision to go for a VBAC. I will be at her side as her sister, friend and doula and am anxiously counting down the days! Megan has taken my advice on ways she can help her body prepare for birth and also taken the advice of others encouraging her to down salsa & spicy food, pizza, weird salads and anything else that has ever been deemed to put a women into labor. Megan, Ryan & Aubrey were over last night celebrating Bob's birthday so I took a few shots. She looks fantastic. Here are a few of my favorites...


No comments:

Post a Comment