Birth. Babies. Beauty.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~ Rajneesh

My blog celebrates birth, babies & the beauty of family. I am a Certified Childbirth & Lactation Educator & Doula in training. I am honored to witness the most intimate family celebrations. I offer support to the family before, during & after the birth. I also enjoy taking pictures of babies and births and offer this as an added bonus to my Doula services.

Included in the complete Beautiful Birth Story package:

- Private prenatal childbirth & breastfeeding classes
- Available 24/7 to answer all your pregnancy questions
- Continuous support during labor
- Immediate postpartum breastfeeding support
- Birth pictures (CD of images)
- Postpartum follow up visit
- Newborn pictures (CD of images)

Email amysalessi@gmail.com for pricing or to schedule an interview.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Alex & Tommy's grand entrance!

I had the pleasure of meeting Margaret & Larry on a very special day- the day Margaret went into labor! We had planned on meeting that afternoon to discuss having me at their birth, but just a few hours before our meeting was scheduled, Margaret called me from the hospital. I met them there that afternoon to offer support and was surprised at how comfortable we were together even though we had just met. Although her birth wasn't going as they had hoped and planned, they were relaxed, optimistic and excited to meet their boys. It was such a pleasure to get to know them and be with them as they welcomed Alex & Tommy into the world! I feel blessed to have been a part of this day with them and hope to get to visit the boys once they are home from the hospital. They are strong little boys that I am sure will keep their mom & dad chasing after them for the next several years!

Thank you Margaret & Larry for sharing such a special day with me!


1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is that Amy greatly contributed to me being relaxed during the premature labor. She is such a wonderful person. We did not have to meet to feel good having her by my side. We instantly liked her. All future moms that choose Amy for their Doula are going to be in really good hands.

    Thank you Amy!

    Margaret

    Mom to Alex & Tommy

    ReplyDelete